The main route of excretion of ciprofloxacin from the body – kidneys (50-70%). From 15 to 30% is excreted through the intestines. Patients with renal function unchanged sustanon cycle is usually 3-5 hours. In chronic renal failure is increased to 12 hours. A small amount is excreted in breast milk.
- Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to ciprofloxacin:
- respiratory tract: pneumonia (except pneumococcal pneumonia), acute bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis (if the agent is a Gram-negative bacteria, especially Pseudomonas aeruginosa);
- ear, nose and throat: acute otitis media, sinusitis, mastoiditis;
- kidney and urinary tract infections: uncomplicated and complicated infections of the lower and upper parts of the urinary tract (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis);
- pelvic and genital organs (epididymitis, prostatitis, salpingitis, endometritis, oophoritis, tubular abscess and pelvioperitonit, gonorrhea, chancroid, chlamydia);
- abdominal organs: intraperitoneal abscess; cholecystitis, cholangitis (in combination with metronidazole or clindamycin), infectious diarrhea: salmonellosis, campylobacteriosis, yersiniosis, shigellosis, cholera, typhoid fever, diarrhea travelers bacteriocarrier sustanon cycle typhi.
- Skin and soft tissue: infected ulcers, infected wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, an infection of the outer ear canal, infected burns;
- musculoskeletal system: osteomyelitis, septic arthritis;
- Infections in patients with reduced immunity (immunosuppressive therapy on the background or in neutropenic patients).
- Preventing infections in surgical interventions (urological, gastro-intestinal tract (in combination with metronidazole) and orthopedic).
- Prevention and treatment of inhalational anthrax.
Applications in Pediatrics
Ciprofloxacin is not recommended for use in children under 18 years of age for the treatment of other infectious diseases, in addition to:
- treatment and prevention of anthrax (after the alleged or proven infection with Bacillus anthracis);
- Therapy complications caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa in children with cystic fibrosis lung from 5 to 17 years.
- Hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin sustanon cycle or other quinolones or to any other component of the drug.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Children and teens under 18 years (except for treatment of complications caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa in children with cystic fibrosis of the lungs in children aged 5 to 17 years; the prevention and treatment of inhalational anthrax);
- Simultaneous treatment with tizanidine (risk of significant decrease in blood pressure (BP), somnolence).
The caution expressed cerebral sustanon cycle atherosclerosis, stroke, mental illness, epileptic syndrome, epilepsy, severe renal and / or hepatic impairment, advanced age, lack of glucose-6-dehydrogenase, glucocorticosteroid therapy.